You do NOT have to be a member of NASA to get its great perks.
You can become a NASA credit union member by enrolling in the following qualifying associations:
- Be an employee or retiree of NASA Goddard, NASA Headquarters, NASA Wallops, NASA Kennedy Space Center and NASA
- Be an employee or a member of one of 900 NASA Federal Credit Union partner companies or associations
- Be an immediate family or household member of a current NASA Federal Credit Union member
- Or even become a member of the American Consumer Council, a non-profit organization dedicated to protecting consumers. Simply select “American Consumer Council” from the Membership Eligibility drop-down menu of the membership application. Best of all there is no fee join the council.
- More than 900 companies and Associations, including Orbital, National Space Society, Mathematical Association, have partnered with NASA Federal Credit Union
If you meet any of the above criteria, you are eligible to become a member of NASA Federal Credit Union.
There are no fees to join, but you will be required to open a Savings Account with an opening deposit of a modest $5 to establish membership.
In addition, members receive the full benefits of traditional bank credit cards and help NASA keep Americans at work.
Select the NASA Federal Visa Credit Card for real value and a variety of privileges, from cash back to rewards.
The card has some of the lowest interest rates available on balances, with no interest due on balances paid in full for every billing cycle.
Regardless of the card you choose, enjoy card benefits such as (at no cost)
- Zero fraud liability
- 24-hour travel & emergency assistance
- Extended warranty program
- Auto rental insurance
- Free Verified by Visa fraud protection
- Six card design choices
Besides the credit card, NASA Federal Credit Union offers other outstanding financial products:
- No monthly debt card fees
- Free mobile banking and remote deposit
- 28,000 free mobile ATM locations
- Premier checking with early access
- Refinance your auto loan and NASA FCU will lower your rate by at least 2%
- Up to 100% home purchase financing
Details for these programs are available at NASA Federal Credit Union web site.