The AAA Dollars Plus Mastercard offers cardholders superior rewards on AAA purchases.
Co-branded with American Automobile Association (AAA), you need AAA membership to get this card.
As an added incentive to apply you receive 0% APR on purchases and balance transfers for the first 12 months.
The introductory offer includes $25 AAA dollars after first charge on the card and 125 AAA dollars when $1500 or more within initial 90 days of account opening.
People holding large balances on their current cards at the current average rate of 17.23% APR can save a significant amount of money, even with the 3% balance transfer fee.
- $1,000 at 14.23% means keeping $142.30 in your pocket.
- $5,000 at 14.23% means keeping $711.50 in your pocket.
- $10,000 at 14.23% means keeping $1,423.00 in your pocket.
Once the introductory period expires though, because the APR can jump up to as high as 23.99%, i.e. the monthly payment of interest alone, on a $5,000 transfer, can go from $12.50 to $91.63 per month.
While saving money helps, paying off the balance in full before the introductory period ends is essential to keep the money in your pocket.
Get rewarded with AAA dollars while you shop.
- 3% on travel and AAA purchases
- 2% at grocery stores, gas stations, and drugstores
- 1% for all other eligible net purchases
- Purchases – 0% for 25 days if statement balance is zero
- Purchases – 14.99% to 23.99% when carrying a balance
- Balance Transfers – 14.99% to 24.99% starting on transfer date
- Cash Advances – 25.99%
- Annual Fee: $0.00
- Fee on balance transfer: 3% ($5 min)
- Cash advance: 3% ($10 min) for convenience check
- Cash: advance: 5% ($10 min) at ATM
- Foreign transaction: none
- Late payment: up to $40
- Returned payment: up to $35
Redeem Reward Points
- Merchandise such as electronics, fashion, home goods
- Gift cards
- Roadside Assistance Hotline
- Car rental and damage insurance (excludes liability coverage)
- Global Assist Hotline (doesn’t pay for third-party costs)
- Travel accident insurance on common carriers
- Fraud Protection
- Advanced secure chip technology
- Text alerts
Other Card Benefits
- Mobile banking
- Text and/or email alerts on purchases, balances, reminders, etc.
- Free FICO credit score
- Apple Pay
- Monthly summaries