The AARP Rewards Visa credit card offers features 3% rebates on gas and dining purchases, and has no annual fee.
As an added incentive new cardholders receive a $100 bonus after spending $500 within the first three months of using the card.
In addition they pay no interest on purchases made during their first 12 billing cycles, if they decide to hold a balance until then
Though co-branded with the American Association of Retired Persons (AARP), you don’t have to be over 55 or even a member for this credit card.
Upon approval Chase may issue either a Visa Signature Card with a credit line of at least $5,000, or a Visa Platinum Card with minimum credit line of $500.
In effort to help those in Chase Bank will donate $0.10 for each purchase made at a restaurant to the AARP Foundation towards the support of Drive to End Hunger.
A summary of rates, fees, features and benefits follows below.
- Purchases – 0% for 25 days if statement balance is zero
- Purchases – 17.99% to 24.74% if statement balance is greater than zero
- Cash Advances – 26.74%
- Balance Transfers – 17.99% to 24.74% (if available)
- Annual Fee: $0.00
- Balance transfer: 3% ($5 min)
- Cash advance: 5% ($5 min) or 5% at ATM
- Foreign transaction: 3.0%
- Late payment: up to $15 or $35
- Returned payment: up to $35
- 1 Member Reward point per dollar on eligible purchases
- 3 Member Reward points per dollar on eligible gas stations or restaurants
Redeem Member Reward Points
- Minimum to redeem: 2,000 points
- As a statement credit or direct deposit checking or savings account
- Gift cards such Walmart, Amazon, and more
- Travel, including flight, hotels, cruises, etc.
- Theft and accidental damage protection, including cell phones
- Return protection within 90 days of purchase
- Free extended warranties (up to 2 years)
- Roadside Assistance Hotline
- Car rental and damage insurance (excludes liability coverage)
- Global Assist Hotline (doesn’t pay for third-party costs)
- Travel accident insurance on common carriers
- Fraud Protection
- Advanced secure chip technology
- Text alerts
Other Card Benefits
- Mobile banking
- Text and/or email alerts on purchases, balances, reminders, etc.
- Monthly summaries