“For almost a century, the Bank has designed deposit and credit services exclusively for union workers in the automobile, building trades, clothing and textile, communications and graphic arts, hotel and restaurant, mechanics, public service and general service, steel and iron, transportation industries, and more.”
Now available to a wider audience Amalgamated Bank of Chicago (ABOC) credit card program offers competitive rates and benefits to people who would prefer not to deal with big banks. Its two similar credit cards differ in their non-introductory Annual Percentage Rates (APR) and introductory Balance Transfer (BT) terms.
ABOC Union Strong Credit Card
The Union Strong Mastercard® currently charges an APR of 9.25% after the introductory period ends. The APR may change depending on market conditions.
The Union Strong credit card also offers an 0% APR on balance transfers for first 18 billing cycles. Balance transfers don’t receive any reward points and a 3% fee is added upon transfer.
ABOC Platinum Rewards Card
The Platinum Rewards credit card currently charges an APR of 12.90% to 22.90% depending on credit history. The APR also will fluctuate in step with on market conditions.
There is no special deal on balance transfers for new accounts.
Introductory Offers for ABOC Credit Cards
Get a generous sign-up bonus of $150 as a statement credit after opening a new account, but only when $1,200 is charged on the new card within 90 days of approval.
Pay no interest on purchases for the first 12 billing cycles. Monthly minimum payments are required to keep the account in good standing.
Comparing bonus 5x reward categories
ABOC Platinum Rewards Mastercard®
- Fitness clubs
Discover It Cash Back
- Groceries (includes Walmart grocery pickup & delivery)
Chase Freedom Flex
- Wholesale Clubs (Mastercard not accepted for Costco in-store purchases)
- Internet, cable and phone services
- Select streaming services
Rewards and savings for ABOC credit cards
- 1% Cash Back on eligible purchases
- No Annual Fee
- Zero-interest for 25 days before payments are due for purchases paid in full after the promotional period.
- Rewards include choice of statement credits, travel, gift cards, merchandise
- Points never expire as long as card remains in good standing
- No foreign transaction fees
Purchase and travel benefits include
- No fee for additional cards for authorized users
- Mastercard® zero liability on unauthorized transactions
- Extended Warranty doubles your original warranty up to 1 additional year (conditions apply)
- Price protection refunds the difference if you see an item advertised for less within 60 days of purchase.
- Identity Theft Resolution Services provides one-on-one support in the event your identity is compromised.
- MasterAssist® provides pre-trip planning assistance, help with lost luggage and more.
- Master RoadAssist® Roadside Services provides help in the event your car breaks down while traveling in the U.S.
- $1 Million Travel Accident Insurance.
- Security chip offers enhanced protection when used at chip-enabled terminals.
- Make mobile purchases with Android PayTM, Apple PayTM and Samsung Pay.
Pay down any high-interest credit card balances by making purchases on ABOC credit card during the 0% APR introductory purchase period.