The assets of AmTrust Bank were sold to New York Community Bancorp, Inc.(NYCB), and AmTrust Bank still operates solely in Arizona and Florida as a part of NYCB family of banks.
Prospects must visit the local branches in Arizona and Florida to get the details on any credit card offerings, as described online.
“Credit cards issued by First Bankcard®, a division of First National Bank of Omaha, offer benefits and features to meet a variety of financial needs. Visit a branch to see what each card has to offer and decide which one is right for you.”
“To apply for a credit card, please visit one of our branches.”
The following description below is kept for archival purposes only.
The former Amtrust Bank offered four credit card choices:
- Maximum Rewards Visa Card
Earn 1 point for every $1 on purchases
- Platinum Edition Visa Card
Cash back on every purchase
- Discover Card
1% cash back on all purchases
- America Express Card
All four choices included the following bonus features at no cost:
- 0% introductory APR on purchases for the first 12 billing cycles
- 0% introductory APR on balance transfers for the first 12 billing cycles (3% fee applies)
After the introductory rate offer expired, the credit card annual percentage rates (APRs) varied by the cardholder’s credit worthiness.
Credit card users had numerous benefits cash purchases did not provide, such as:
- Careful tracking of dates and prices paid
- Zero liability on fraudulent charges
- Identity theft protection
- Purchase protection on defective merchandise
- Extended warranties on select items
- Auto rental and travel accident insurance
- Online banking from the convenience of your residence
- Mobile banking from wherever you may be
- No need to worry about carrying or losing cash
- Instant alerts on suspicious transactions
- Paperless statements which cannot be lost
- Secure Apple Pay feature
The cards were and still are issued by the First Bankcard division of First National Bank of Omaha, which actually holds the promissory notes.
A little-known additional feature is available to active duty members of the United States Military. They may be eligible for SCRA benefits, such as a 6% APR cap on credit cards. Note though, SCRA does NOT relieve cardholders from making credit card payments on time!
For more information on qualifying and features of SCRA visit saveandinvest.org