After merger with PNC Bank the BBVA ClearPoints credit card is no longer accepting new applications.
Material below is for archival purposes.
Flexible choices give you better deals. The BBVA credit card allows you how you want to be rewarded. You get extra savings, 3% or 2%, from among these ten categories.
- Health Care
Choices are made quarterly, so you can plan ahead of time which charges to put on the card to maximize savings.
These points can be redeemed for an account credit without any complicated math.
As an incentive BBVA offers an 0% introductory APR for 13 months to new credit card holders qualifying purchases.
Pay NO annual fee for the BBVA Compass ClearPoints credit card and add additional authorized users at no cost.
Multiple Payment Options offers you the ability to pay your bill by mail, automatic debit, online banking or at any local branch
Security alerts notify you of possible suspicious activity on your account, as well as convenience notices for payments, balances, special offers and more.
You never pay interest if you pay your balance in full every month.
Additional free services include:
- Free extended warranty for up to one year
- Generous free insurance coverage up to $10,000 per purchase, with a $50,000 maximum per cardholder
- Free Common Carrier Insurance: A full Benefit Amount of $500,000 is payable for accidental loss of life, two hands or two feet, sight of both eyes, one hand or one foot and sight of one eye, speech and hearing in both ears or any combination thereof.
- The Visa Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver benefit (“Auto Rental CDW”) provides—at no additional charge—reimbursement for damage due to collision or theft up to the actual cash value of most rental vehicles, when certain terms and conditions are met.
BBVA has an another special bonus offer for Everyday Heroes:
Everyday Heroes get 5,000 bonus CompassPoints when they open a new Clear Points or Visa Signature Credit Card within 60 days of registering with the Everyday Heroes specialty program. This relationship is limited to
- Law enforcement members
- Fire fighters and first responders
- Healthcare workers including nurses, pharmacists, medical technicians
- Active, reserve, and retired U.S. Military personnel