Brighter Planet organization shut its doors in 2013.
The information below is no long valid and is presented for the record
Bank of America has teamed with Brighter Planet to offer an environmentally-activist Visa credit card to help fund renewable energy sources.
Some of the unique features are:
Earn 1 EarthSmart point for every $1 spent in net retail purchases.
Every time you use your Brighter Planet Visa credit card to make a purchase, you help fund renewable energy projects across the country.
EarthSmart points are automatically redeemed monthly.
Every point will fund an estimated pound of carbon offsets.
- Grace period: 25 days
- Annual Fee: $0.00
- Transfer Fee: 4% ($10 min)
- Cash Advance Fee: 4% (10% min)
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 3%
- APR Intro: 0% for 7 months
- APR Balance: 12.24% to 20.99%
- APR Cash Advances: 24.24%
- Rewards: 1% EarthSmart points
- Minimum to redeem: 1,000 points
- Fraud Protection: yes
- Purchase Protection: yes
- Zero-liability: yes
- Warranty extension: yes
- Participates in Add-It-Up Program
- NOTE: 1,000 bonus points after first purchase