5% rebate on restaurants has arrived
Discover it credit card users save 5% (up to $1,500) at restaurants (activation required) from July 1 through September 30, 2018.
Restaurants include fast-food (McDonalds), cafeterias, cafes, full-service places.
All other purchases earn 1% cash rewards made with your Discover it card.
The Discover It NHL credit card also offers 5% rebate on restaurants for this quarter.
New Account Incentives
- Get 0% financing on all your purchases for 14 months from the date of account opening to help spread out the bill for a large purchase, plus 1% rebate on its cost.
- For new account holders Discover matches cash back rebates at the end of your first year, that’s up to 10% cash back (limits apply).
Note: if the account is closed before 12 billing cycles, there will be no match.
You can redeem your rewards several ways
- Statement credit no minimum amount to qualify
- Direct deposit to your bank account
- Use on purchases at Amazon.com,
- Buy featured gift cards with $5 added to certain ones, i.e. $20 gives you a $25 gift card at Burlington, while a Dell $50 gift card can obtained with only $45 cash rewards
- Donate to participating charities
All these perks are given to the cardholder with NO annual fee!
Other Discover it Credit Card benefits include
- Get cash over your purchases, up to $120 per purchase every 24 hours, without ATM fees, at select retail locations, such as Food Lion, Harris Teeter, Walmart
- Free price protection up to $500 per item and $2,500 per year on eligible, identical items purchased within 90 days (see note below)
- Should you lose your card, you can freeze your account in seconds with an on/off switch with the Discover App on your smartphone or the discovercard website
- 24/7 $0 fraud liability guarantee on unknown purchases
- Free monthly FICO scores from Experian to monitor your credit rating
- Text alerts on account activity
- Free Social Security number and new account alerts in case of unauthorized access
- Automatic payments available so you never miss a payment
- Paperless statement option
- Year-end expense report and summary
Note: Price protection is like price matching between sellers and is also useful for grocery, clothes, and other items that frequently change price or are available at other places for less money. Note services, clearance, out-of-business, and such are excluded.
The fine print (subject to change):
- Annual fee: $0
- No interest if balance paid in full with 25 days
- Fee for balance transfer: 3% ($5 min)
- Fee for cash advance: 5% ($10 min)
- Fee for foreign transaction: 0%
- Fee for late payment: $0 first time; $35 after that
- Fee for returned payment: up to $37
- Fee for going over your credit limit: $0
- APR: purchases 13.74% to 24.74%
- APR: cash advances 26.74%
Bonus Discover Deals gives cardholders 5% or cashback rewards all-year around when used for online purchases with selected merchants.
- Apple (5% off)
- Walmart (5% off)
- Kohl’s (5% off)
- Macy’s (5% off)
- Papa John’s (25% off)
- 1-800 Flowers (15% off)
- Avis (25% off weekly rental)