Discover It 5% rebate categories starting July 1
From July 1 to September 30 Discover cardholders earn 5% cash back rewards:
- at dining establishments such as restaurants, cafes, cafeterias and fast food locations
- using PayPal in point-of-sale transactions
- with PayPal wallet online when you send money to Friends and Family via PayPal using your Discover Card
Note there is a $1,500 max spend for the 5% rebate program. Amounts over that get only 1% rewards, which limits the extra cash back to no more than $120 per quarter. But that can add up to a bonus of $480 for the first year.
New Account Incentives
- Get 0% financing on all your purchases for 14 months from the date of account opening to help spread out the bill for a large purchase, plus the rewards.
- For new account holders Discover matches cash back rebates at the end of your first year, that’s up to 10% cash back (limits apply).
Note: if the account is closed before 12 billing cycles complete, there will be no match.
How to redeem your rewards
- Statement credit no minimum amount to qualify
- Direct deposit to your bank account
- Use on purchases at Amazon.com
- Buy featured gift cards with $5 added to certain ones, e.g. a Dell $50 gift card can obtained with only $45 cash rewards
- Donate to participating charities
Discover it Credit Card Benefits
Get cash over your purchases, up to $120 per purchase every 24 hours, without ATM fees, at select retail locations, such as Food Lion, Harris Teeter, Walmart
- 24/7 U.S. based customer service
- Should you lose your card, you can freeze your account in seconds with an on/off switch with the Discover App on your smartphone or the discovercard website
- $0 fraud liability guarantee on unknown purchases
- Free monthly FICO scores to monitor your credit rating
- Text alerts on account activity
- Free Social Security number and new account alerts in case of unauthorized access
- Automatic payments available so you never miss a payment
- Paperless statement option
- Year-end expense report and summary
The fine print (subject to change)
- Annual fee: $0
- No interest if balance paid in full with 25 days
- Fee for balance transfer: 5% ($5 min)
- Fee for cash advance: 5% ($10 min)
- Fee for foreign transaction: 0%
- Fee for late payment: $0 first time; $40 after that
- Fee for returned payment: up to $40
- Fee for going over your credit limit: $0
NHL Discover Card 5% cash back categories changed beginning April 1
From April 1 to June 30 Discover cardholders now earn 5% cash back rewards
- at gas stations
- with Uber and Lyft
- at wholesale clubs such as Costco
With recent surge of people staying at home wholesale clubs might offer great places to find popular items such as exercise equipment, indoor games, garden items, computers, appliances, and such.
Take note that after a $1,500 quarterly spend the rewards rate drop down to 1%.
Another incentive for new cardholders is that the Discover NHL card automatically doubles all the cash back on net purchases at the end of your first year only as a lump-sum bonus to the account. That 5% cash back becomes 10% savings.
New account holders also receive 0% financing on their purchases, on top of the rewards. However a minimum payment amount is due every month.
Unlike many other cash rewards credit cards, you can redeem the rewards for an account credit with no minimum amount necessary to reach before cashing them in.
Other features include:
- No annual fee
- The rewards never expire
- Use your cash back instantly at Amazon.com checkout
- $0 Fraud Liability Guarantee
- Free overnight shipping for card replacement
- No late fee for your first late payment
- Paying late won’t raise your APR
- Track recent FICO® Credit Scores for free
- No foreign transaction fee
Apply here for your NHL credit card.
Wells Fargo Rewards Card has introductory 15 month no interest financing on purchases and/or balance transfers to provide users some temporary help managing their bills. Many other credit cards have similar features, however it has a slight twist on redeeming their reward points.
What separates this card from the pack
The Wells Fargo Rewards Card lets cardholders redeem their rewards as cash at a Wells Fargo ATM, subject to a $20 minimum withdrawal according to a press release.
“Wells Fargo is the first major U.S. financial services provider to introduce this functionality, continuing the company’s history of customer-centered innovation.”
Refer to the announcement for details, or call customer service for details on this easy way to cash in the rewards.
5% rewards on grocery, gas and drugstore purchases for first 6 months
The rewards pile up fast on essential purchases during the introductory period. What’s even better is spreading out the payments over 15 months at no interest . That’s two great features in one package.
Consolidate credit card balances with 0% introductory APR on transfers for 15 months.
A $6,000 balance at 20% would set you back over a $1,000 in interest payments over 12 months. The 3% transfer fee makes a dent of $180 upfront, but the net savings are still substantial. Ask a professional financial advisor about all the long-term pros and cons.
After the introductory period the rewards drop down to a flat 1% on eligible purchases
Not great, but convenient would describe the ongoing rewards system. The Go Far Rewards have some advantages for the savvy redeemer who puts the work in. Don’t voluntarily close out the Rewards Card because that might lower the credit score. It still many useful features when used wisely.
The Wells Fargo Visa Rewards Card includes at no cost:
- $0 annual fee
- All Wells Fargo Credit Cards automatically protect you from liability for unauthorized transactions when you report them promptly.
- Limited free smartphone protection from damage or theft
- For Visa customers. Get fast text and email alerts for monitoring spending, tracking purchases, and receiving notifications of irregular or suspicious activity.
- A Wells Fargo credit card with chip technology offers enhanced security features.
- Protect your Wells Fargo Visa card with a unique password for online shopping.
- Dispute resolution on damaged goods or misrepresentations
- Monthly statements to track expenses
Apply for a Wells Fargo Rewards Visa Card here.
Quotes on dealing with stress may help calm the spirit and strengthen the body.
“The grass is not ‘greener’ on the other side – it is just another shade of green.”
― Take Stress from Chaos to Calm
With a UMB Simply Rewards credit card you get 3% cash back at grocery stores.
The 3% rebate also applies at
- Gas stations
- Discount stores
- Fast food locations
All other qualifying purchases earn you a 1% rebate wherever Visa is accepted.
Make $1,500 in eligible purchases within 90 days of account opening and receive 15,000 bonus points (worth $150).
Plus new account holders pay no interest (0% APR) on purchases for their first 12 billing cycles (minimum payments apply).
Great credit card for everyday purchases helping customers manage their bills.
- No annual fee
- 25 day grace period, i.e. try before you buy
- No minimum interest charge
- No penalty APR
- No over-the-credit-limit fee
- No returned payment fee
- However a late fee applies if your payment is not made by your due date
Easy Online Access
- Pay recurring bills with our automatic bill payment option
- Free alerts to monitor suspicious account activity
- Go paperless—view statements online
- Access up to 24 months of online statements
- Detailed yearly report of your card expenditures (online or print)
- Visa’s Zero Liability provides 100% fraud protection against unauthorized use.
- Extended warranty and purchase protection
- Quick delivery of replacement card or emergency cash if your card is lost or stolen.
- Complimentary rental car insurance
- 24-hour roadside and emergency transportation assistance
- Medical and legal referral assistance
- Travel accident insurance
- Pre-trip and lost luggage assistance
- Emergency airline ticket replacement
- Valuable document delivery assistance
- Emergency translation services
- Accepted at more than 32 million locations worldwide
- Can be used at more than 800,000 ATMs worldwide
Some of these benefits are provided by Visa. Certain limitations, exceptions and restrictions may apply to these Visa benefits. Details are available online or at a local branch.
Apply in person at your local branch or ONLINE.