Save 10% on purchases with the Jo-Ann Discount Card
The Jo-Ann VIP Discount Card, Jo-Ann Student Discount Card, and Jo-Ann Non-Profit Discount Card replace the Jo-Ann MasterCard, which has been discontinued and is no longer valid.
The various Jo-Ann discount cards are not credit or debt cards, but entitles holders 10% off on almost every purchase made at the store or online at joann.com.
There are three versions of the discount cards:
- One is the Jo-Ann VIP Discount Card for professionals in the crafts businesses such as re-sellers, members of a professional sewing or crafting organizations, interior design professionals, etc.
- Another is the Jo-Ann Student Discount Card for students 14 or older at time of enrollment and currently enrolled in high school (Grades 9-12) or a higher learning institution, such as a college or university.
- The last is the Jo-Ann Non-Profit Discount Card for charitable non-profit organizations with a verifiable 501(c)(3) tax status such as
- 4-H Clubs
- Boys & Girls Clubs of America
- Boy Scouts
- Girl Scouts
- Project Linus
- Salvation Army
To activate the JoAnn discount cards necessary supporting documentation has to be brought to a store manager for verification:
- Re-sellers: Vendor license, valid tax exemption certificate (if applicable) and a state-issued photo ID
- Sewing/Crafting Organizations: Proof of membership and a state-issued photo ID
- Interior Design Professional: Current member of ASID or IIDA or proof of interior design professional certification, valid tax exemption certificate (if applicable) and state-issued photo ID
- Non-Profit Organizations: IRS-issued proof of 501(c)(3) status and a state-issued photo ID
- Students: Identification card for the current school year with the college, school or school district clearly identified; or college acceptance letter signifying enrollment into a program; or report card from the current school year if your school does not issue identification cards.
There are no annual fees for the cards and they entitle holders to news of special events and sales.