Keep your school spirit alive by giving Clemson University a place of pride in your wallet with a Clemson credit card issued by Bank of America.
Your credit card will have the official Clemson’s logo on it. Additional benefits for opening the card include:
- 0% APR on purchases for the first 12 billing cycles following the opening of your account
- 0% APR on balance transfers (3% fee applies) for the first 12 billing cycles
- Get a $200 cash rewards bonus after you make at least $1,000 in purchases within the first 90 days
- Earn an unlimited 1% cash back on all purchases
- Earn a total of 2% cash back at grocery stores and wholesale clubs
- Earn 3% cash back on a category of your choice
- Cash rewards redeemed into a checking or savings account with Bank of America, N.A. or a Merrill Lynch Cash Management Account will have a 10% bonus
- Absolutely no annual fee
- All the features and guarantees of a Visa Signature credit card
The Clemson Alumni Association is a vibrant community dedicated to helping former students enhance their life’s journey by keeping in contact with classmates, instructors and support staff.
An open-membership, nonprofit organization since its inception in 1896, the Clemson Alumni Association exists to connect you with your fellow Tigers and with your alma mater.
Always be a part of the Clemson University lifestyle with the following resources:
Display your pride with the Tiger paws on your credit card issued by Bank of America and get rewarded on everyday purchases wherever Visa is accepted.
Save on a balance transfer with a new Bama Mastercard® offering an introductory 0.9% APR good for 12 months.
Or go for the no-frills Traditions Mastercard® with its low APR of 8.99% to 12.99% on a continuing basis.
The Bama card features cash back on purchases, while Traditions card gives a better rate for card holders who decide to carry a monthly balance. Otherwise both cards very similar benefits and features. You compare the two versions HERE, along with the Secured and Student versions.
BENEFITS AND FEATURES
You don’t pay for hidden fees such annual fees or balance transfers, because the Alabama Credit Union doesn’t charge its members for credit card expenses such as:
- NO annual fee
- NO balance transfer
- NO cash advance fee
- NO interest charges on purchases on statements paid in full
Card holders get the full benefits which Mastercard® is well-known for, such as:
- Cell Phone Protection
- Identity Theft Resolution Services
- Extended Warranty
- Zero Liability Protection
- Auto Rental Insurance
- MasterCard® Airport ConciergeTM
- MasterCard® SecureCodeTM
- MasterCard® Global ServiceTM
If you’re interested about applying for the card, you must first become a member of the Alabama Credit Union as explained here.
For people outside of the local field of membership, joining the wonderful Secret Meals Association by filling out its membership application would qualify you for the credit card. Donations are tax-deductible and the entire amount benefits the children per its website.
“Checks made out to Secret Meals or Alabama Credit Union Foundation, Inc., are tax deductible to the fullest extent of the law. Please check with your tax consultant.”
“To allow as many children to receive food packs as possible, Alabama Credit Union provides all promotional and operational funding for the Secret Meals program, meaning 100 percent of every penny donated goes toward the purchase of food packs.”
To find out more about membership and joining contact their Member Care Center at 888.817.2002 or complete their online form.
Originally established as the Citizens National Bank, today VeraBank is dedicated to serve as the preferred financial services provider in its marketplace.
With its deep community bank roots and independent spirit, VeraBank offers
- outstanding service
- relevant products and efficient channels
- the best and brightest bankers in its communities
Ultimate customer satisfaction and care sets VeraBank from the others, as explained by the guiding principles established from its very inception.
In the old days in this part of the country, if you had a cow, a sow, and a hen, you could survive.
From the cow came the milk and butter; from the sow the bacon, lard, and hams; and from the hen, eggs.
As East Texas became more and more affluent, we reminded ourselves and our customers – “Don’t forget the cow, the sow, and the hen.”
Read the terms and benefits below carefully to judge whether the VeraBank Mastercard should be part of your financial well-being.
- 2.90% APR on purchases and balance transfers during the first 6 months
- Get one point for every eligible $1 spent on your credit card
- Flexible Rewards Options
- Retail Gift Cards
Interest Rates as Annual Percentage Rate (APR)
- Purchases paid in full within 25 days of statement date: 0%
- Balances on statements after 25 days: 15.24%
- Balance Transfers: 15.24%
- Cash Advances: 15.24%
- Annual Fee: none
- Balance transfers: 3% ($10 min)
- Cash Advances: 3% ($10 min)
- Foreign transaction: 2%
- Late penalty: $25
- Zero-liability on unauthorized use of the card
- Card lock if it’s lost or stolen
- Enroll in automatic payment feature to avoid late charges
- Text or email alerts on purchases, balances, due dates, and more
- Add authorized users for free, but they don’t pay for their charges
- Warranty extension where applicable
- Auto collision waiver damage
- Travel and emergency assistance (service fees may apply)
- Travel accident insurance
- Roadside assistance
- 24/7 customer service
For application and important details visit the VeraBank credit card web page.
NHL Discover Card 5% cash back categories changed beginning April 1
From April 1 to June 30 Discover cardholders now earn 5% cash back rewards
- at gas stations
- with Uber and Lyft
- at wholesale clubs such as Costco
With recent surge of people staying at home wholesale clubs might offer great places to find popular items such as exercise equipment, indoor games, garden items, computers, appliances, and such.
Take note that after a $1,500 quarterly spend the rewards rate drop down to 1%.
Another incentive for new cardholders is that the Discover NHL card automatically doubles all the cash back on net purchases at the end of your first year only as a lump-sum bonus to the account. That 5% cash back becomes 10% savings.
New account holders also receive 0% financing on their purchases, on top of the rewards. However a minimum payment amount is due every month.
Unlike many other cash rewards credit cards, you can redeem the rewards for an account credit with no minimum amount necessary to reach before cashing them in.
Other features include:
- No annual fee
- The rewards never expire
- Use your cash back instantly at Amazon.com checkout
- $0 Fraud Liability Guarantee
- Free overnight shipping for card replacement
- No late fee for your first late payment
- Paying late won’t raise your APR
- Track recent FICO® Credit Scores for free
- No foreign transaction fee
Apply here for your NHL credit card.