Earn 5 Sony Reward Points on entertainment purchases such as digital streaming and subscription services, music and video downloads, and more with the Sony Card.
Meant for heavy-duty online entertainments users and die-hard Sony customers, the Sony Card doesn’t as well as other general purpose cashback cards.
The Sony Reward Points can only be redeemed for Sony products, so it’s great to add to your Sony collection, but not much else.
But if you love to get Sony gear such as headphones and other electronics at a discount then this card is built for you.
To redeem the Sony Rewards, per the disclosure form, the cardholder must join the Sony Rewards program.
“You must register for the Sony Rewards Program in order to redeem points earned through your Sony CardSM account. Membership in the Sony Rewards Program is free.”
TERMS AND BENEFITS
- 5,000 bonus Sony Reward Points (as $50 statement credit) with your first purchase within 90 days of opening account
- 0% APR on purchases and balance transfers for the first 6 months
Interest Rates as Annual Percentage Rate (APR)
- Purchases paid in full within 25 days of statement date: 0%
- Balances on statements after 25 days: 16.24%, 19.24%, 22.24% or 24.99%
- Balance Transfers: 16.24%, 19.24%, 22.24% or 24.99%
- Cash Advances: 25.24%
- Annual Fee: none
- Balance transfers: none after introductory 0% APR period (3% at 0% APR)
- Cash Advances: 3% ($10 min)
- Foreign transaction: none
- Late penalty: $38
- 5 points per $1 on Sony® purchases at authorized retailers, that is must submit a Bonus Points Form
- 5 points per $1 qualified entertainment purchases for:
- Cable/satellite and other pay TV/radio/subscription services
- Music downloads
- Concert and sporting tickets
- Digital streaming and other subscription services
- Movie theaters and on movie rentals
- Theater tickets
- 1 point per $1 automatically on all other purchases
Free Benefits for purchases made on Sony Card (Visa)
- Zero-liability on unauthorized use of the card
- Card lock if it’s lost or stolen
- Pick your own monthly billing due date
- Enroll in automatic payment feature to avoid late charges
- Text or email alerts on purchases, balances, due dates, and more
- Paribus to check for savings if online prices are lower elsewhere
- Eno intelligent assistant
- Add authorized users for free, but they don’t pay for their charges
- Virtual account numbers for online purchases, which help keep card numbers safe from theft
- Warranty extension where applicable
- Auto collision waiver damage
- Travel and emergency assistance (service fees may apply)
- Travel accident insurance
- Roadside assistance
- 24/7 customer service
For details and application visit the online Sony Visa Credit Card page.