SunTrust Prime Rewards Credit Card balance transfer offer of 3 years at prime interest rate (currently 5.50%) with NO balance transfer fee is unmatched anywhere else.
Most banks offer introductory rates of 0% APR, but for a much shorter time frame and with transfer fees of 3% or more.
Importantly the funds must be transferred within the first 60 days of account opening.
As an alternative to a balance transfer SunTrust offers a whopping $100 statement credit when new account holders spend $500 on qualifying purchases within the first 3 months with their new card.
Be very careful not to mix credit card purchases with the transfers, because transfers may be treated as purchases and subject to the purchase interest rates.
The Prime Rewards cards earns 1% rewards on eligible purchases, with a redemption bonus for SunTrust accounts.
- Prime interest rate on balance transfers for 3 years from account opening. Currently 5.50%, but check here for updates.
- $100 in statement credit after $500 spend on qualifying purchases during the first 3 months after account opening
- Get one point for every eligible $1 spent on your credit card
- Flexible rewards redemption options
- Retail Gift Cards
- Cash ($5 minimum)
- Statement credit
- Direct deposit to checking or saving accounts
- SunTrust accounts receive 10%, 25%, or 50% bonus
Interest Rates as Annual Percentage Rate (APR)
- Purchases paid in full within 25 days of statement date: 0%
- Balances on statements after 25 days: 13.49% to 23.49%
- Balance Transfers: 13.49% to 23.49%
- Cash Advances: 27.24%
- Annual Fee: none
- Balance transfers: 3% ($10 min)
- Cash Advances: 4% ($10 min)
- Foreign transaction: none
- Late penalty: $39
- Zero-liability on unauthorized use of the card
- Card lock if it’s lost or stolen
- EMV Chip Technology
- Enroll in automatic payment feature to avoid late charges
- Text or email alerts on purchases, balances, due dates, and more
- Add authorized users for free, but they don’t pay for their charges
- Free FICO score
- Warranty extension where applicable
- Auto collision waiver damage
- Travel and emergency assistance (service fees may apply)
- Travel accident insurance
- Roadside assistance
- 24/7 customer service
For application and important details visit the SunTrust Prime Rewards card web page.
For people not familiar with the Atlanta origins of SunTrust, in 1919 as Trust Company of Georgia, it provided underwriting services to The Coca-Cola Company and received $100,000 of the company’s first publicly traded stock for its services.
In 2012 SunTrust sold those shares for nearly $2 billion: its stake went up in value by 1,999,990% over those 93 years.
A little known fact was the secret formula for Coca-Cola was kept in a SunTrust vault until 2011, when it was transferred to the new World of Coca-Cola building in Atlanta, Georgia.