Chase Slate Edge offers cardholders a way to build their credit score and reduce their interest rate by 2% each year. Plus pay no interest on purchases for the first 18 months.
LOWER INTEREST RATES OVER TIME
Suppose you start with the highest APR of 23.74% after the generous 0% APR period. Your APR could automatically go down to 21.74% after 12 months if you charge at least $1,000 and pay on time. Best of all rate could drop to 19.74%, 17.14%. 15.14%, 13.14% over the years if bills are paid regularly.
RAISE CREDIT LIMIT AFTER SIX MONTHS
If you pay on time and spend at least $500 Chase will automatically review your Slate Edge account after six months for a higher credit limit.
INTRODUCTORY 0% OFFER ON BALANCE TRANSFERS
Should you prefer to make a balance transfer instead of a purchase, you will receive the same generous 0% APR for 12 months. Note that an upfront 3% balance transfer fee applies.
OTHER FREE BENEFITS
- No annual fee
- Monitor your credit scores with alerts about changes or suspicious activity
- Convenient tap to pay (no signature required) feature where available
- Purchase protection up to $500 per claim
- Extended warranty by an extra year
- Zero liability on unauthorized purchases
- Chase Offers with select merchants
After merger with PNC Bank the BBVA ClearPoints credit card is no longer accepting new applications.
Material below is for archival purposes.
Flexible choices give you better deals. The BBVA credit card allows you how you want to be rewarded. You get extra savings, 3% or 2%, from among these ten categories.
- Health Care
Choices are made quarterly, so you can plan ahead of time which charges to put on the card to maximize savings.
These points can be redeemed for an account credit without any complicated math.
As an incentive BBVA offers an 0% introductory APR for 13 months to new credit card holders qualifying purchases.
Pay NO annual fee for the BBVA Compass ClearPoints credit card and add additional authorized users at no cost.
Multiple Payment Options offers you the ability to pay your bill by mail, automatic debit, online banking or at any local branch
Security alerts notify you of possible suspicious activity on your account, as well as convenience notices for payments, balances, special offers and more.
You never pay interest if you pay your balance in full every month.
Additional free services include:
- Free extended warranty for up to one year
- Generous free insurance coverage up to $10,000 per purchase, with a $50,000 maximum per cardholder
- Free Common Carrier Insurance: A full Benefit Amount of $500,000 is payable for accidental loss of life, two hands or two feet, sight of both eyes, one hand or one foot and sight of one eye, speech and hearing in both ears or any combination thereof.
- The Visa Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver benefit (“Auto Rental CDW”) provides—at no additional charge—reimbursement for damage due to collision or theft up to the actual cash value of most rental vehicles, when certain terms and conditions are met.
BBVA has an another special bonus offer for Everyday Heroes:
Everyday Heroes get 5,000 bonus CompassPoints when they open a new Clear Points or Visa Signature Credit Card within 60 days of registering with the Everyday Heroes specialty program. This relationship is limited to
- Law enforcement members
- Fire fighters and first responders
- Healthcare workers including nurses, pharmacists, medical technicians
- Active, reserve, and retired U.S. Military personnel
“For almost a century, the Bank has designed deposit and credit services exclusively for union workers in the automobile, building trades, clothing and textile, communications and graphic arts, hotel and restaurant, mechanics, public service and general service, steel and iron, transportation industries, and more.”
Amalgamated Bank of Chicago (ABOC) credit card program offers competitive rates and benefits to people who would prefer not to deal with big banks. Currently ABOC is revising its credit card offerings, so the cards below aren’t accepting new applicants.
The descriptions below are for reference only.
ABOC Union Strong Credit Card
The Union Strong Mastercard® currently charges an APR of 9.25% after the introductory period ends. The APR may change depending on market conditions.
The Union Strong credit card has an 0% APR deal on balance transfers for first 18 billing cycles. Balance transfers don’t receive any reward points and a 3% fee is added upon transfer.
ABOC Platinum Rewards Card
The Platinum Rewards credit card currently charges an APR of 12.90% to 22.90% depending on credit history. The APR also will fluctuate in step with on market conditions.
There is no special deal on balance transfers for new accounts.
Introductory Offers for ABOC Credit Cards
Get a generous sign-up bonus of $150 as a statement credit after opening a new account, but only when $1,200 is charged on the new card within 90 days of approval.
Pay no interest on purchases for the first 12 billing cycles. Monthly minimum payments are required to keep the account in good standing.
Rewards and savings for ABOC credit cards
- 1% Cash Back on eligible purchases
- No Annual Fee
- Zero-interest for 25 days before payments are due for purchases paid in full after the promotional period.
- Rewards include choice of statement credits, travel, gift cards, merchandise
- Points never expire as long as card remains in good standing
- No foreign transaction fees
Purchase and travel benefits include
- No fee for additional cards for authorized users
- Mastercard® zero liability on unauthorized transactions
- Extended Warranty doubles your original warranty up to 1 additional year (conditions apply)
- Identity Theft Resolution Services provides one-on-one support in the event your identity is compromised.
- MasterAssist® provides pre-trip planning assistance, help with lost luggage and more.
- Master RoadAssist® Roadside Services provides help in the event your car breaks down while traveling in the U.S.
- $1 Million Travel Accident Insurance.
- Security chip gives enhanced protection when used at chip-enabled terminals.
- Make mobile purchases with Android PayTM, Apple PayTM and Samsung Pay.
The AARP Essential Rewards credit card offers features 3% rebates on gas and drug store purchases, 2% on medical expenses, and 1% on all other eligible items.
Introductory Sign-Up Bonus
Receive 10,000 point good for $100 cash back after charging $500 or more to the card within 90 days of account opening
Introductory Balance Transfer Offer
0% introductory APR for 15 months on balance transfers made within 45 days of account opening. A balance transfer fee of 3% (minimum $5) applies as an upfront fee.
- Purchases – 0% for 25 days if statement balance is zero
- Purchases – 16.74% to 25.74% if statement balance is greater than zero
- Cash Advances – 24.99%
- Balance Transfers – 16.74% to 25.74% (if available)
- Annual Fee: $0
- Balance transfer: 3% ($5 min)
- Cash advance: 5% ($10 min)
- Foreign transaction: 3.0%
- Late payment: up to $15 or $35
- Returned payment: $35
- Three Member Reward points per dollar on eligible gas stations or restaurants
- Two Member Reward points per dollar on eligible medical expenses
- One Member Reward point per dollar on all other eligible purchases
Redeem Member Reward Points
- Minimum to redeem: 2,000 points
- As a statement credit or direct deposit checking or savings account
- Gift cards such Walmart, Amazon, and more
- Travel, including flight, hotels, cruises, etc.
- Theft and accidental damage protection, including cell phones
- Return protection within 90 days of purchase
- Free extended warranties
- Roadside Assistance Hotline
- Car rental and damage insurance (excludes liability coverage)
- Global Assist Hotline (doesn’t pay for third-party costs)
- Travel accident insurance on common carriers
- Fraud Protection
- Advanced secure chip technology
- Text alerts
Other Card Benefits
- Mobile banking
- Text and/or email alerts on purchases, balances, reminders, etc.
- Monthly summaries
Medical expenses eligible for bonus rewards include
- Osteopathic Physicians
- Optical Goods & Eyeglasses
- Medical and Dental Laboratories
- Hearing Aids
- Ambulance Services
- Orthopedic Goods
- Prosthetic Devices
- Nursing and Personal Care Facilities
- Medical Services & Health Practitioners not elsewhere classified (NEC)
- Doctors not elsewhere classified (NEC)
Though co-branded with the American Association of Retired Persons (AARP), you don’t have to be over 55 or even a member for this credit card.
From March 22, 2021 to March 31, 2022, Barclays Bank Delaware (Barclays) will donate $10 for every newly approved AARP-branded credit card from a Barclays account that is used within the first 90 days of account opening and 1% of all eligible electronic and telecommunications purchases made with the card to AARP Foundation, in support of efforts to increase social connection. Total maximum donation by Barclays is $1 million annually.