Amtrust Bank offers two non-secured credit card choices.
Amtrust 2% Cash Back Visa Card features
- Unlimited 2% cash back rewards everywhere Visa is accepted
- Automatic redemption into your checking or savings account
- Cash back rewards are good for 3 years before they expire.
- No annual fee
Amtrust Platinum Edition Visa Card features
- 0% introductory APR for the first 15 billing cycles after the account is opened on balance transfers.
- $25 statement credit when you make a purchase within the first 3 billing cycles after the account is opened.
- No annual fee
Credit card users had numerous benefits cash purchases did not provide, such as:
- Careful tracking of dates and prices paid
- Zero liability on fraudulent charges
- Identity theft protection
- Purchase protection on defective merchandise
- Extended warranties on select items
- Auto rental and travel accident insurance
- Online banking from the convenience of your residence
- Mobile banking from wherever you may be
- No need to worry about carrying or losing cash
- Instant alerts on suspicious transactions
- Paperless statements which cannot be lost
- Secure Apple Pay feature
AmTrust is part of New York Community Bank family, which is the largest thrift in the country with customers in New York, New Jersey, Florida, Ohio and Arizona. AmTrust itself operates solely in Florida with 26 branches and Arizona with 14 locations. The credit cards are issued by the First Bankcard division of First National Bank of Omaha.
A little-known additional feature is available to active duty members of the United States Military. They may be eligible for SCRA benefits, such as a 6% APR cap on credit cards. Note though, SCRA does NOT relieve cardholders from making credit card payments on time!
For more information on qualifying and features of SCRA visit saveandinvest.org
Introductory 0% APR for 18 months on balance transfers with a new Citizens Bank Clear Value® Mastercard®
There is however an upfront 3% balance transfer fee, with a minimum charge of $10.
The Citizens Bank Clear Value® Mastercard® credit card, previously issued by Charter One Bank is available at no cost to you for purchases online or your favorite stores.
Features of the Clear Value® Mastercard®
- ID theft protection for peace of mind 24/7
- Extended warranty protection
- Travel accident and baggage delay insurance
- Zero liability for unauthorized activity on the credit card
- Contactless purchases on select terminals
Other perks include:
- No Annual Fee
- 21-day, interest-free grace period on purchases
- Free Online Account Access – 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- No returned payment fees
- No over-the-credit limit fees
- Year-End Account Summary
About Citizens Financial Group
In 1828, Citizens Financial Group got its start as a small community bank called the High Street Bank in Providence, Rhode Island.
Citizens Financial Group, Inc. is a $132 billion commercial bank holding company, which is headquartered in Providence, RI, and through its subsidiaries has more than 1,500 branches, approximately 3,900 ATMs and more than 20,900 employees.
It operates its branch network in 12 states and has non-branch retail and commercial offices in about 40 states.
Choose Zions Bank credit card best for you
Zions Bank offers customers three different card choices:
- AmaZing Rate
- AmaZing Rewards
1 for every $1 spent with no cap
Up to 25% annual bonus
- AmaZing Cash
1% cash back rebate on purchases with no cap
Up to 25% annual bonus
- 0% APR on purchases for first 6 months
- 0% APR on balance transfers (3% fee) for first 12 months
- No annual fee
- Zions AmaZing Deals
- Purchase alert service
- Fraud alert service
- myPHOTOcard (personalization for added security)
- Visa zero liability protection
- Travelers insurance and assistance
- Extended warranty manager
SunTrust Prime Rewards Credit Card balance transfer offer of 3 years at prime interest rate (currently 5.50%) with NO balance transfer fee is unmatched anywhere else.
Most banks offer introductory rates of 0% APR, but for a much shorter time frame and with transfer fees of 3% or more.
Importantly the funds must be transferred within the first 60 days of account opening.
As an alternative to a balance transfer SunTrust offers a whopping $100 statement credit when new account holders spend $500 on qualifying purchases within the first 3 months with their new card.
Be very careful not to mix credit card purchases with the transfers, because transfers may be treated as purchases and subject to the purchase interest rates.
The Prime Rewards cards earns 1% rewards on eligible purchases, with a redemption bonus for SunTrust accounts.
- Prime interest rate on balance transfers for 3 years from account opening. Currently 5.50%, but check here for updates.
- $100 in statement credit after $500 spend on qualifying purchases during the first 3 months after account opening
- Get one point for every eligible $1 spent on your credit card
- Flexible rewards redemption options
- Retail Gift Cards
- Cash ($5 minimum)
- Statement credit
- Direct deposit to checking or saving accounts
- SunTrust accounts receive 10%, 25%, or 50% bonus
Interest Rates as Annual Percentage Rate (APR)
- Purchases paid in full within 25 days of statement date: 0%
- Balances on statements after 25 days: 13.49% to 23.49%
- Balance Transfers: 13.49% to 23.49%
- Cash Advances: 27.24%
- Annual Fee: none
- Balance transfers: 3% ($10 min)
- Cash Advances: 4% ($10 min)
- Foreign transaction: none
- Late penalty: $39
- Zero-liability on unauthorized use of the card
- Card lock if it’s lost or stolen
- EMV Chip Technology
- Enroll in automatic payment feature to avoid late charges
- Text or email alerts on purchases, balances, due dates, and more
- Add authorized users for free, but they don’t pay for their charges
- Free FICO score
- Warranty extension where applicable
- Auto collision waiver damage
- Travel and emergency assistance (service fees may apply)
- Travel accident insurance
- Roadside assistance
- 24/7 customer service
For application and important details visit the SunTrust Prime Rewards card web page.
For people not familiar with the Atlanta origins of SunTrust, in 1919 as Trust Company of Georgia, it provided underwriting services to The Coca-Cola Company and received $100,000 of the company’s first publicly traded stock for its services.
In 2012 SunTrust sold those shares for nearly $2 billion: its stake went up in value by 1,999,990% over those 93 years.
A little known fact was the secret formula for Coca-Cola was kept in a SunTrust vault until 2011, when it was transferred to the new World of Coca-Cola building in Atlanta, Georgia.