Discover It 5% rebate categories changed starting April 1
From April 1 to June 30 Discover cardholders earn 5% cash back rewards on items purchased:
- at gas stations
- with Uber and Lyft
- at wholesale clubs such as Costco
The wholesale club category may be of interest in today’s times. According to an article titled Coronavirus: Six things that are booming in sales. These items are particularly in demand right now:
- Bicycles and exercise gear
- Outdoor and indoor games (pool tables)
- Home and garden items
- Electrical goods (freezers, computers)
Note there is a $1,500 max spend for the 5% rebate. Amounts over that get only 1% rewards, which limits the extra cash back to no more than $120 per quarter. But that can add up to a bonus of $480 for the first year.
New Account Incentives
- Get 0% financing on all your purchases for 14 months from the date of account opening to help spread out the bill for a large purchase, plus the rewards.
- For new account holders Discover matches cash back rebates at the end of your first year, that’s up to 10% cash back (limits apply).
Note: if the account is closed before 12 billing cycles complete, there will be no match.
You can redeem your rewards several ways
- Statement credit no minimum amount to qualify
- Direct deposit to your bank account
- Use on purchases at Amazon.com
- Buy featured gift cards with $5 added to certain ones, e.g. a Dell $50 gift card can obtained with only $45 cash rewards
- Donate to participating charities
All these perks are given to the cardholder with NO annual fee!
Other Discover it Credit Card benefits include
- Get cash over your purchases, up to $120 per purchase every 24 hours, without ATM fees, at select retail locations, such as Food Lion, Harris Teeter, Walmart
- 24/7 U.S. based customer service
- Should you lose your card, you can freeze your account in seconds with an on/off switch with the Discover App on your smartphone or the discovercard website
- $0 fraud liability guarantee on unknown purchases
- Free monthly FICO scores to monitor your credit rating
- Text alerts on account activity
- Free Social Security number and new account alerts in case of unauthorized access
- Automatic payments available so you never miss a payment
- Paperless statement option
- Year-end expense report and summary
The fine print (subject to change):
- Annual fee: $0
- No interest if balance paid in full with 25 days
- Fee for balance transfer: 5% ($5 min)
- Fee for cash advance: 5% ($10 min)
- Fee for foreign transaction: 0%
- Fee for late payment: $0 first time; $40 after that
- Fee for returned payment: up to $40
- Fee for going over your credit limit: $0
With a UMB Simply Rewards credit card you get 3% cash back at grocery stores.
The 3% rebate also applies at
- Gas stations
- Discount stores
- Fast food locations
All other qualifying purchases earn you a 1% rebate wherever Visa is accepted.
Make $1,500 in eligible purchases within 90 days of account opening and receive 15,000 bonus points (worth $150).
Plus new account holders pay no interest (0% APR) on purchases for their first 12 billing cycles (minimum payments apply).
Great credit card for everyday purchases helping customers manage their bills.
- No annual fee
- 25 day grace period, i.e. try before you buy
- No minimum interest charge
- No penalty APR
- No over-the-credit-limit fee
- No returned payment fee
- However a late fee applies if your payment is not made by your due date
Easy Online Access
- Pay recurring bills with our automatic bill payment option
- Free alerts to monitor suspicious account activity
- Go paperless—view statements online
- Access up to 24 months of online statements
- Detailed yearly report of your card expenditures (online or print)
- Visa’s Zero Liability provides 100% fraud protection against unauthorized use.
- Extended warranty and purchase protection
- Quick delivery of replacement card or emergency cash if your card is lost or stolen.
- Complimentary rental car insurance
- 24-hour roadside and emergency transportation assistance
- Medical and legal referral assistance
- Travel accident insurance
- Pre-trip and lost luggage assistance
- Emergency airline ticket replacement
- Valuable document delivery assistance
- Emergency translation services
- Accepted at more than 32 million locations worldwide
- Can be used at more than 800,000 ATMs worldwide
Some of these benefits are provided by Visa. Certain limitations, exceptions and restrictions may apply to these Visa benefits. Details are available online or at a local branch.
Apply in person at your local branch or ONLINE.
Get 5% back on Walmart Grocery Pickup and Delivery with a Capital One Walmart Rewards Card.
In addition to online grocery purchases you get rewarded with:
- 5% back when buying on Walmart.com and the Walmart mobile app
- 2% back at Walmart stores, Walamrt & Murphy USA Fuel Stations
- 1% back everywhere else Mastercard is accepted
As an introductory 12-month you even get 5% back then using your new Walmart credit card through Walmart Pay on your smartphone.
Besides these promotions, the Walmart MasterCard or credit card gives you:
- No annual fee
- Free FICO score through CreditWise
- $0 fraud liability protection from unauthorized charges
- Security alerts via text or email
- Card lock if card is misplaced, lost or stolen
- Be protected 24/7 against fraudulent activity on your Walmart MasterCard
- EMV chip technology included in your new card provides added security
- Mobile app to view balance, pay bill, check purchases and more.
Other great services Walmart offers are
Kroger Rewards Credit Card
gives you unlimited rewards
Save money with Kroger Mastercard
- 1 point per net $1 spent anywhere Mastercard is accepted
- 2 points per net $1 spent in the Kroger family of stores (see below)
- 3 points per net $1 spent on the Kroger family of quality brands
- Additional 25¢ fuel discount at participating Kroger family of stores*
Free benefits and services
- No annual fee
- No foreign transaction fee
- No penalty on over-limit purchases
- 24-day, interest-free grace period on purchases
- Balance transfer fee: 4%
- Free Gold Checking account from US Bank
- Automatic bill payment
- Account alerts for peace of mind
- Travel & emergency assistance services
- Mastercard Global Service at no charge
- Auto rental collision damage waiver
- Free online account access – 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Mobile banking on smartphones
- Warranty manager service
- Zero fraud liability
- Annual account summary
The 1-2-3 Kroger Rewards Card is issued by USBank.
Kroger family of companies
- City Market
- Food 4 Less
- Foods Co
- Fred Meyer
- Harris Teeter
- King Soopers
- Jay C Food Store
- Owens Market
- Pay-Less Super Markets
- Smith’s Food and Drug
Read the fine print apply for Kroger credit card to get a full disclosure of all terms and conditions.
* Offer applies to new cardholders only. Discount is available at Kroger Family of Stores Fuel Centers when you redeem at least 100 existing fuel points earned in a single month. You must scan, redeem fuel points and pay with your 1-2-3 REWARDS Visa Card in order to receive this fuel discount. Additional 25¢ discount offer expires one year from the cardholder’s approval date. Upon expiration, cardholder will receive additional 5¢ fuel discount at Kroger Family of Stores Fuel Centers, when they scan, redeem fuel points and pay with their 1-2-3 REWARDS Visa Card.