ABOC recently introduced a new Union Strong credit card edition for union members and their supporters, which features a low 10.25% APR and 1% rewards on purchases.
“For almost a century, the Bank has designed deposit and credit services exclusively for union workers in the automobile, building trades, clothing and textile, communications and graphic arts, hotel and restaurant, mechanics, public service and general service, steel and iron, transportation industries, and more.”
The everyday low interest rates for the Union Strong credit card are,
- One low 10.25% APR on all eligible net purchases
- 10.25% APR on balance transfers (3% fee applies)
- 15.25% APR on cash advances (3% fee applies): much cheaper than payday loans
ABOC Platinum Rewards Edition
This version caters to different crowd seeking upgraded perks, “Your Platinum Mastercard® gains you access to travel benefits at some of the most sought-after travel destinations. We offer privileges and special amenities at over 400 hotels and resorts. Whether you are traveling solo, as a couple or with your family, we will find your dream vacation.”
Both cards have generous introductory offers.
- New ABOC credit card purchases of $1,000 or more during the first 3 months, rewards you with 1,000 bonus points (worth $100 as tax-free statement credit). That’s up to 10% off, with a year to pay off the purchase in full.
- All eligible purchases pay no interest for the first 12 billing cycles of account opening. This is great way to do your holiday shopping now, and pay the bills over the entire year.
More rewards and savings for both cards
- 1% Cash Back on purchases made with either card
- No Annual Fee
- Zero-interest for 25 days before payments are due for purchases paid in full after the promotional period.
- Go cardless using the ABOC mobile app
Other purchase and travel benefits included, at no cost to you,
- No fee for additional cards for authorized users
- Extended Warranty doubles your original warranty up to 1 additional year.
- Purchase Assurance® covers most items from damage or theft.
- Price protection refunds the difference if you see an item advertised for less within 60 days of purchase.
- Identity Theft Resolution Services provides one-on-one support in the event your identity is compromised.
- MasterAssist® provides pre-trip planning assistance, help with lost luggage and more.
- Master RoadAssist® Roadside Services provides help in the event your car breaks down while traveling in the U.S.
- $1 Million Travel Accident Insurance.
- Security chip offers enhanced protection when used at chip-enabled terminals.
- Contactless payment feature provides fast, easy and safe checkouts.
- Make mobile purchases with Android PayTM, Apple PayTM and Samsung Pay.
Pay down your high-interest credit card balances faster by making purchases on either ABOC credit card within the 0% APR introductory purchase period. And get a cool $100 off of your first $1,000 in net purchases. Apply here to save, save, save.
As an under-the-radar bank, the Amalgamated Bank of Chicago (ABOC), offers an alternative for people who rather not expose their financial information to the mega-banks. The $100 bonus, simple 1% rewards program, low APR, and backing by Mastercard serves most customer’s everyday purchase needs.