Uber credit card offers new account members a $100 sign-up bonus after $500 of net purchases within 90 days of approval.
Pay no annual fee and use it anywhere VISA is accepted.
Other ways the Uber credit card pays for itself includes:
- Annual $50 credit on digital subscription services, such as Netflix, Hulu, Apple Music*
- 4 percent rebates on dining, takeout orders, bars, UberEATS
- 3 percent rebates for airfare, hotels, Airbnb
- 2 percent for Uber rides, all online purchases, video and music streaming
- 1 percent on other purchases
For travelers to other countries, no foreign transaction fees are assessed on charges
If you decide to carry a balance, which is a highly discouraged practice on credit cards, the annual interest rate (APR) will range from about 16 percent to 25 percent per year.
The card’s underwriter, the bank that actually grants you the credit line, is BarclayCard.
VISA administers the services and offers such benefits as
- $600 phone insurance when monthly phone bills are paid on Uber card
- year-end spending summaries for taxes
- extended warranties
- zero-liability fraud protection
- chip technology for security
- roadside dispatch
Applications will be available starting Nov 2 when the card debuts on the Uber app.
* The catch for the $50 subscription credit is a fairly large one: you must spend $5,000 or more in total net purchases on your account during each 12-month period through and including your account anniversary date.